The federal statute, known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act requires us to take affirmative steps to explain to you what our specific policy is with regard to the usage of information about you, which you may have provided to us, or with regard to other information that we may have collected about you. We will furnish you with an annual update during the continuation of our relationship.
Do we sell your information?
No. We do not sell the personal information we have collected about you to anyone.
Do we disclose your personal information to third parties?
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except for the following reasons:
- As permitted by law. If disclosure is required or permitted under law, we will in good faith report personal information. For example – to provide information to regulators or law enforcement authorities.
- To provide services to you. We may disclose your information to financial service providers to help us process or service your accounts or transactions. Examples of Financial Service Providers are accountants, mortgage bankers, broker/dealers, insurance agents, outside third party investment advisers, custodians such as Pershing LLC, and estate planning attorneys.
Other than these exceptions, we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third party unless you have asked us specifically to do so.
What information do we collect?
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we retrieve from your applications, financial planning questionnaire booklet, or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, investments, assets, debt, and income.
- Information about your transactions with SGF, our affiliates or others such as your balances, positions, and account history.
- Website usage. We may collect information to let us know what pages you have visited on our website so that we can provide better service in the future.
How do we protect your information?
We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What if StraitGate Financial LLC decides to change its policy of information disclosure in the future?
You will be notified in advance of the changes, whereby you will have the option to “opt-out” by calling us at 248-465-6227 or emailing us at www.straitgatefinancial.com