Our Wealth Management Team
The Advisory Team
Keith Southwick, CLU, ChFC, CFP™
President & CEO
Keith is the founder and president of StraitGate Financial. After a long career as an executive, Keith entered the financial services industry in 1994. After several years of working with companies that were only interested in selling investment products, Keith decided to follow his vision of what a financial services company should be. He created StraitGate Financial LLC in 2001 to provide clients with comprehensive wealth management.
Keith's philosophy of wealth management is to provide a team of experts who can care for every aspect of a client's financial life. Keith himself is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), and a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU). He acts as the senior advisor for clients, and the person who oversees the wealth management process.
Keith lives in Northville, Michigan with his wife Darlene. He enjoys reading, weightlifting, and is actively involved in his church.
Michelle Brow is a Financial Planner with StraitGate Financial. She has completed the Certified Financial Planner (CFP¨) certificate Program at Northwestern University.
A native of St. Clair Beach, Ontario, Michelle graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1991. Michelle began her career working as an Executive Assistant for several years before beginning her own Company, “Pop Culture” in 1995 which she ran for 9 years growing it to a $1.2 million company with over 80 employees.
Since leaving Pop Culture, Michelle has worked as a Realtor and Business Advisor. In 2007 she began working with JP Morgan Chase Bank as Branch Manager/Vice President. During her 6-year tenure at JP Morgan, she was promoted to Retail Sales Wholesaler and on to Financial Advisor. She is currently an Investment Adviser Representative and Financial Planner with StraitGate Financial.
Over her career Michelle has earned several awards and recognition:
- Spotlight Segment in “The Future of Business-5th Edition” (2004)
- Hallmark of Entrepreneurial Excellence Award for Innovation (2001)
- Best Small Business Award, Michigan Small Business Development Center (2001)
- Cited and quoted in Entrepreneur Magazine (2001), Inc. Magazine (2005) , Fortune Small Business Magazine (2001), Franchise Times (2001,2004), Cover Story of WOW (the Word on Women) Magazine (2000) and often appeared on The Food Channel (2005)
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YEO) Ð Board of Directors and Member
- Forum Table Moderator 2003 - 2005
- Mentor Chair 2001 - 2005
- Education/Learning Chair 2001 - 2003
- YMCA Board of Directors Ð Metropolitan Detroit
- Financial Development Committee Chair (2004 Ð 2006) | Strategic Advisory Council (2005 Ð 2006)
Michelle is married to Troy (Senior Engineer at GM), and they have six year old twin daughters Chloe & Harper. In addition to her Professional Career, Michelle enjoys being involved in charitable and volunteer work. Michelle has served as a Mentor to Foster Children and taught Entrepreneur Workshops to Disadvantaged Youth at Oakland University and Pontiac Schools.
Director of Planning & CFO
Dawn joined StraitGate Financial in 2002 as a project manager. Throughout her years at StraitGate, she has grown her role in the company. After graduating from the University of Michigan with a degree in Economics, she became Director of Planning, overseeing much of the preparation for the planning and implementation process. In addition, Dawn is the Chief Financial Officer for Straitgate.
Dawn lives in South Lyon, Michigan with her husband Bret and her son Colton.